Frank Childress Campout
Where is it?
You may see this gate. My first time at this camp I turned around thinking I was driving into someone's farm. The sign that is faded says something about Boy Scouts.
What To Bring
- This year we will be in the heated lodge. If you want a bed bring bedding (sheets, etc.). If you want a spot on the floor (vs. a camp bed), bring what you need to be comfortable and warm.
- Your six essentials.
- Watch weather and be prepared with appropriate clothing.
- Current BSA Health Form if you haven't completed one this year.
- Bug spray
- Closed toe shoes
- Mess kit (plate, cub, bowl, spoon, fork, knife)
- Fishing pole and tackle if you want to fish.
- Your immediate family. Pack camp outs are always a family event.
- Snacks and other drinks you may want as a family (not required).
- Safe and fun things to do during free time (Nerf ball, etc.).
Anything Different This Year?
I'm glad you asked. This year we have the run of the camp. Will we be using the kitchen and dining hall? Yes Will we have a fire in the big fire pit? Yes. Will we have more indoor activities? Maybe. Are we doing away with the night hike? No - somethings never change.
The cost of camping includes paying to reserve the campsites along with food and other supplies for things like s'mores. To help cover some of those costs, we ask families to donate $8 per person or a maximum of $32 per family.
After using Paypal return to this page and fill out the "Frank Childress Sign Up" form to complete the registration process.